Many people love to eat cauliflower because of its rich nutritional value. It is high in dietary fiber and low in fat, which make it a highly desirable ingredient in many dishes. When consumed in large amounts, it can aggressively fight the risk of prostate cancer. Furthermore, it is very easy to cook and can be eaten steamed, fried or boiled. You can enjoy its fine taste and innumerable health benefits by learning how to cook the following delectable cauliflower dishes.
Baked Cauliflower with Lemon
Let us first look at the ingredients required to cook this dish.
Ingredients Required to Make Baked Cauliflower With Lemon
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- a large cauliflower without the core
- 1/3 cup finely chopped shallots
- a tbsp grated lemon rind
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Instructions to Make Baked Cauliflower With Lemon
The following includes the simple steps involved in preparing this easy yet delicious dish.
- The first step is to combine 1/3 cup of finely chopped shallots, 1/4 cup of softened butter, 2 cloves of minced garlic, 1 tablespoon of freshly grated lemon rind, 1/4 cup of freshly chopped parsley, 1/8 teaspoon of ground nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Next, take the large cauliflower. Place it in the center of a large sheet of aluminium foil. Liberally spread the prepared butter mixture over the cauliflower.
- Carefully fold the edges of the aluminium foil and seal it. Place the foil on a baking sheet.
- Set the oven to 375° F. Place the dish right inside the preheated oven. Bake for an hour or until the cauliflower is tender.
Baked cauliflower with lemon is ready to be enjoyed!
Cheddar Soup With Cauliflower and Broccoli
For those who like a warm, comforting bowl of soup, this recipe is perfect for you. It is both nutritious and delicious. Let us look at the ingredients required to make this soup.
Ingredients Required to Make Cheddar Soup With Cauliflower and Broccoli
- 10 oz. frozen broccoli
- 10oz. frozen cauliflower
- 4 oz. vegetable / chicken broth
- 1 whole onion (diced)
- 1 small potato (diced)
- 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- some grated cheese for garnishing
Instructions to Make Cheddar Soup With Cauliflower and Broccoli
- Place a 4-quart saucepan on medium-high and add 4 ounces of chicken / vegetable broth. To this add, 1small, diced potato, 1 whole, diced onion, 10 ounces of frozen cauliflower and 10 ounces of frozen broccoli. Bring it to a boil and then, lower the heat and cook and cover for about 10 minutes.
- Set aside, one cup of broccoli and cauliflower from the mixture and let the remaining mixture continue to cook for another 10 minutes. Remove the mixture from heat.
- In a blender, add 4 ounces of cheese and 1/2 cup of milk. Add a small amount of vegetable broth to the cheese and milk. Blend the ingredients until they are smooth.
- Next, add the broth mixture that has been cooked and cooled, to the blender. Puree this mixture well and set it aside.
- Mix the pureed soup mixture, one cup of broccoli and cauliflower that was set aside initially and the cheese-milk puree. Cook on low heat and ensure that the soup does not begin to boil as this may make the cheese curdle.
- Remove the soup from heat. Add salt and pepper, as per taste. Garnish with grated cheese.
Your delectable soup is ready to savor!
Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that can be used in very many recipes to add flavor, color and nutrition. Try the above mentioned recipes. You can use your creativity and imagination to create your own unique cauliflower dishes.