For people who love healthy seafood, salmon is a great option. Generally considered an oily fish, it contains loads of valuable nutrients such as vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids and protein. As simple as this ingredient can be, salmon can be used to create various kinds of delectable treats. For those who wish to learn how to cook salmon, it is good to try the following simple but undoubtedly tasty dishes.
Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
Perfect for individuals who dig Japanese food, this simple yet delicious recipe makes use of the following ingredients:
Ingredients Required to Make Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
The following ingredients are required to make smoked salmon sushi roll.
- 2 tbsp wasabi paste
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- cucumber (peeled and sliced)
- 6 sheets of dry seaweed or nori
- 6 tbsps rice wine vinegar
- 2 cups of Japanese sushi rice
- avocado (peeled, pitted and sliced)
Instructions to Make Smoked Salmon Sushi Roll
The following simple steps are involved in the process of making smoked salmon sushi roll.
- Soak 2 cups of Japanese sushi rice in water for at least 4 hours. Drain and then place inside the rice cooker. Pour at least 2 cups of water. Make sure that the rice is relatively dry because later, we will also add vinegar. After cooking the rice, add 6 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar right away. Set the rice on a nice clean plate. Wait for it to cool completely.
- Get a sheet of nori and then put a thin layer of rice on top of it.
- Leave half-an-inch at the bottom and top edge of the nori uncovered. Apply a dot of wasabi on the rice. Put a piece of smoked salmon, avocado and cucumber on the rice approximately an inch from the bottom of the nori. Moisten the top edge of the nori.
- Use a bamboo mat to roll the sheet from bottom to top. Cut the roll with a sharp knife into eight equal pieces.
Serve and enjoy!
Grilled Salmon with Ginger
For those who want to try this dish, the following ingredients will be required.
Ingredients Required to Make Grilled Salmon with Ginger
The ingredients required to make smoked salmon with ginger include:
- untreated cedar plank(a piece)
- 3 pounds salmon fillet with skin
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- small piece ginger root (peeled and minced)
- 1 cup muscovado sugar
- 1 cup soy sauce
Instructions to Make Grilled Salmon with Ginger
The following instructions are involved in making grilled salmon with ginger.
- In a clean bowl, whisk together 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic, 1/4 cup of olive oil, a small piece of freshly minced ginger root, muscovado sugar and soy sauce. After this, put the mixture inside a re-sealable plastic zipper bag. Put the salmon fillet in it as well. Remove excess air and then seal the plastic bag. Let it stay for at least a night or two.
- Before grilling, dip the cedar plank in water.
- Set the outdoor grill at medium heat and put some oil on the grate. Take the salmon out of the plastic bag and then put it right onto the cedar plank. Put it inside the grill and then close the cover.
- Wait for at least 20 minutes to cook.
Serve and enjoy!
Additional Information on Cooking Salmon
For more information on cooking salmon, also read: